Quote

Check out Owen's new book, Gratitude: A Way of Teaching

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Serenity Prayer for Teachers

As we start the school year, I wanted to give teachers a special adaptation of the Serenity Prayer.  As you have read in a previous blog post, I love the Serenity Prayer.  Every day, I say it and attempt to apply it in my life.  I found this prayer on a coffee mug a student gave me.  Parents may find this prayer useful also.

Serenity Prayer for Teachers
God, grant me the serenity to accept
Each child and appreciate their unique talents,
Courage to teach with patience and love, and
Wisdom to know that through it all,
You will be by my side.


My quote today is inspirational for everyone:

Do More
Do more than exist, Live
Do more than touch, Feel
Do more than look, Observe
Do more than read, Absorb
Do more than hear, Listen
Do more than listen, Understand
Do more than think, Ponder
Do more than talk, Say Something.

- John H. Rhoades

No comments:

Post a Comment