Quote

Check out Owen's new book, Gratitude: A Way of Teaching

Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Gratitude Poem by Kurt Vonnegut


I found this poem today and love it. This was one of the last things Kurt Vonnegut wrote and it is powerful. Enjoy and share!
Joe Heller
True story, Word of Honor:
Joseph Heller, an important and funny writer
now dead,
and I were at a party given by a billionaire
on Shelter Island.
I said, “Joe, how does it make you feel

to know that our host only yesterday
may have made more money
than your novel ‘Catch-22’
has earned in its entire history?”
And Joe said, “I’ve got something he can never have.”
And I said, “What on earth could that be, Joe?”
And Joe said, “The knowledge that I’ve got enough.”
Not bad! Rest in peace!”
— Kurt Vonnegut
The New Yorker, May 16th, 2005


1 comment:

  1. I loved it the way you write this poem. Fully understandably and help to students writing. Education give us many things and education is the only things that will always with us. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete